Free English Classes
- Thursday morning, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. with optional Bible study from 11:30 to 12:15.
- Thursday evening, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Free childcare.
- Transportation is provided for Thursday night classes from the Sutherland Ave. and Papermill Road area.
- Sutherland Park Apartments - at swimming pool at the top of the hill – 6:10 p.m.
- Crestridge Apartments – top of hill, in front of apartments – 6:20 p.m
- West Towne Manor Apartments at front (on Coleman) – 6:30 p.m.
- Crossroads West Apartments (at side-road to first apartment block) – 6:35 p.m.
- Sutters Mill Apartments - 6:40 p.m.
All times are approximate. Please be at the bus stop 5 to 10 minutes before the posted time.
We practice English: International students, visiting scholars, and foreign nationals working in Knoxville are invited to attend English classes at Cedar Springs Church, located at the corner of Kingston Pike and Cedar Bluff road.
Conversational English classes are available for all levels, and there is a TOEFL preparation class on Thursday evenings. An optional Bible study is held after the morning classes.
We have fun and make friends: The ESL students and teachers have holiday parties, go on outings and picnics, and do other fun things together. You are also invited to attend the Cedar Springs Church International small group on Sunday mornings. They meet at 10:45 a.m. in B207.
You are always welcome: Classes are free and you are welcome to come any Thursday.
Contacts: Diane Westover for the Thursday morning program (531-1619 or email@example.com ), or Bob Conrad for the Thursday evening classes (660-3592 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cedar Springs Members: Volunteers are needed for both the morning and evening ESL programs to lead conversational English classes, drive the bus, and provide snacks. Contact Bob or Diane.
“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land . . .: I am the Lord your God.” - Lev. 19:33-34