THANK YOU FOR YOUR HEART FOR THE NATIONS!
Here are ongoing opportunities to serve:
• Adopt a refugee family
• Provide transportation to go grocery shopping
• Invite a family to your home for a culturally appropriate dinner
• Prepare a welcome basket
• Provide transportation to church, the social security office,
health department, etc.
• Get to know a family at an informational meeting
• Visit a family with Almaz to get to know them better
• Come alongside a refugee professional to help meet his/her
emotional and spiritual needs
Longer-term gifts of hospitality:
• Tutor and mentor children and adults
• Spend time with refugees to build friendships
• Share your life-skills with them
• Nurture a refugee family spiritually
If you can help with any of these needs, please contact Almaz (291-5282 or email@example.com) as soon as possible for more details. Please note in order to be culturally sensitive, we pair male volunteers with male refugees, and female volunteers with female refugees.
THANKS FOR REACHING OUT TO THE STRANGERS IN OUR MIDST!!
Almaz Gemechu, Director of Refugee/International Ministry