The Cedar Springs Refugee Ministry would love to welcome you into the ministry as we seek to love newcomers in our city and share the love of Christ with them.
- Click here for a list of ongoing ways individuals, families, and small groups can serve Christ by serving refugees.
Thrive has opened their Parkridge campus which serves Sarah Moore Green Elementary school. As with the Lonsdale location, they provide after school care, homework help, dinner and activities for the kids in the program. Currently there are 11 kids from kindergarten through 5th grade. They have a huge need for volunteers who would be willing to cook dinner for the kids. If you can help please contact Marisa Infield, email@example.com or 865-804-7542. (04112018)
Lonsdale Elementary School
Volunteers are needed to assist with childcare for adult ESL classes at the school. These classes will be taking place on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30-11:00am. Childcare volunteers will always have another adult in the room with them and will go through the Safe Kids training offered by Fellowship Church prior to working with children. Because this is a daytime class, the children will range in age from 1 to 4 years old. Contact Kori, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to volunteer. (03212018)
KICKO (Knoxville Inner City Kids Outreach) is a para-church ministry focused on taking the Gospel to children living in our urban communities. They are looking for volunteers to build relationships as they share the love of Christ in a fun and powerful way through their Sidewalk Sonday School program (visit www.kicko.org). Email email@example.com or call (865) 523-4956 for more details.
Deacon Car Care
Deacon Car Car is offered quarterly and is available at no charge to widows, single moms and others who may have financial difficulties. To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call Bill Jacks (693-0502). The next Car Care is planned for Saturday, October 6 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Beaman Imports, 217 Sherway Road.
Compassion Coalition "Taking It To The Streets"
- Hear all about the Compassion Coalition, what they do, the training they provide, and tour their new offices in the old Regas building. Lunch provided, and you do need to sign up. Click here for their calendar to see scheduled times.
Compassion Coalition Bulletin Board
- Click here for the link to the list of current community-wide needs and volunteer opportunities that the Compassion Coalition maintains.
- At the KARM Volunteer Encounter, you’ll learn about their programs and services, tour the facilities, discover current volunteer opportunities, and find out exactly what to do to get started volunteering. Go here for more information and to sign up.
"Every Bed Every Day" at KARM
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you to bring your children from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Fridays and pray over each bed that the homeless sleep in at night. Let the children make cards of encouragment to leave on the beds. Call Dana O'Kelley at 805-4380 to schedule a time.
FISH Food Pantry
- Volunteer to deliver food on the second Friday of each month at 12:30 or 5:30 p.m. Contact Duffy Stowers firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Bridge
- Help serve barbecue to the homeless 'under the bridge.' Click here to volunteer.
- Deliver groceries to those living with HIV. Contact Wayne Smith, email@example.com
FOCUS Prison Ministries
- Donate items for Welcome Home Baskets; click here for more information.