Deacon Car Care
Deacon Car Car is offered quarterly and is available at no charge to widows, single moms and others who may have financial difficulties. To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call Bill Jacks (693-0502). The next Car Care is planned for Saturday, April 6 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Beaman Imports, 217 Sherway Road.
The Cedar Springs Refugee Ministry would love to welcome you into the ministry as we seek to love newcomers in our city and share the love of Christ with them.
- Click here for a list of ongoing ways individuals, families, and small groups can serve Christ by serving refugees.
Future International Leaders
Did you know more than a quarter million international students will never experience an American home, even more will never experience a church, and 40% will never even experience a close American friend? Did you know over 1600 students and scholars from 100 countries and hundreds of others working temporarily are just minutes away? Some of the world’s brightest young adults are interested in friendship and many also wish to learn about the Bible and Jesus.
CSPC is engaging this incredible opportunity. Every Sunday morning the international class is studying the Gospel. Others in our church are conducting Bible studies on campus and in homes. Social events are planned each semester. Bring-A-Meal, American Family Friendship and other programs have involved 88 lay people this Fall. Pray that the Lord will bless these future leaders of the world and our special relationships with them. (11072018)
International Student Ministry: David Desforge (email@example.com) or Mary Kay Horton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
International Class: Lindon Thomas (email@example.com)
KICKO (Knoxville Inner City Kids Outreach) is a para-church ministry focused on taking the Gospel to children living in our urban communities. They are looking for volunteers to build relationships as they share the love of Christ in a fun and powerful way through their Sidewalk Sonday School program (visit www.kicko.org). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 523-4956 for more details.
Compassion Coalition "Taking It To The Streets"
- Hear all about the Compassion Coalition, what they do, the training they provide, and tour their new offices in the old Regas building. Lunch provided, and you do need to sign up. Click here for their calendar to see scheduled times.
Compassion Coalition Bulletin Board
- Click here for the link to the list of current community-wide needs and volunteer opportunities that the Compassion Coalition maintains.
- At the KARM Volunteer Encounter, you’ll learn about their programs and services, tour the facilities, discover current volunteer opportunities, and find out exactly what to do to get started volunteering. Go here for more information and to sign up.
"Every Bed Every Day" at KARM
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you to bring your children from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Fridays and pray over each bed that the homeless sleep in at night. Let the children make cards of encouragment to leave on the beds. Call Dana O'Kelley at 805-4380 to schedule a time.
FISH Food Pantry
- Volunteer to deliver food on the second Friday of each month at 12:30 or 5:30 p.m. Contact Duffy Stowers email@example.com
Under the Bridge
- Help serve barbecue to the homeless 'under the bridge.' Click here to volunteer.
- Deliver groceries to those living with HIV. Contact Wayne Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOCUS Prison Ministries
- Donate items for Welcome Home Baskets; click here for more information.